Group Name: Integra
Description: Integra is an accredited Children’s Mental Health Centre located in Toronto, Canada. They are dedicated to helping children and adolescents who experience social, emotional and behavioural problems related to their learning disabilities. They deliver services in a manner that strengthens the family, in the belief that the family can be the most valuable resource for children and youth. Integra offers services for children and youth ages 8 to 18 who have been diagnosed with a learning disability and have social, emotional or behavioural difficulties. Support to families includes counselling and support groups for parents.
Children and youth with learning disabilities are at risk to experience psychosocial difficulties, including problems with peers. The goal of group treatment is to improve the child/youth’s social functioning. Integra’s Find a Friend program offers a range of treatment groups for children and adolescents with learning disabilities and related psychosocial problems. The groups vary in length from two to eight months. Group composition is carefully determined, with age, learning disability, gender and social competence taken into account.
If you are wondering whether Integra is right for your child, please refer to the following checklist of admission requirements for Integra clients:
- Your child is between the ages of 8-18.
- Your child has been diagnosed with a learning disability and is also struggling with social, emotional and behavioural problems.
- You possess a recent psychological assessment indicating the presence of a learning disability and average or above average cognitive reasoning.
- Assessments are most often done by a school psychologist, a hospital psychologist, or are arranged by parents with a private practitioner.
- You live in the City of Toronto.
*** We do not offer psychological assessments at Integra but we can advise parents on how to arrange them.
Where: 25 Imperial Street, 4th Floor | Toronto, ON M5P 1B9
When: Call for more information.
Contact: Melissa Rowbotham 416-486-8055 Ext. 234 | www.integra.on.ca | email@example.com