Group Name: Toronto Lost Chord Club
Description: The Lost Chord Club provides: support for new laryngectomy patients and their families and friends, interesting topics, a chance to meet new people, and a place to share your ideas and help others. Their objectives are:
- To promote the total rehabilitation of and provide support to laryngectomies and their families through sharing, services, education and social interaction.
- To provide volunteer assistance through visiting laryngectomies and their families, in and out of hospital.
- To make assistance with speech therapy available.
- To provide volunteer assistance to the Canadian Cancer Society.
- To speak to public groups to promote the concerns, needs and objectives of the club and its membership.
Where: c/o Princess Margaret Hospital Lodge | 545 Jarvis Street | Toronto, ON M4Y 2H8
When: Meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday of each month (except January, February, July & August) at 7:30 p.m. in the Princess Margaret Hospital Lodge, Daffodil Room. They are open to any laryngectomies, their family and friends and associated health professionals. There is a membership fee of $5.00 a year or any amount a person cares to donate. Membership is extended to those who have lost their natural voice due to removal of the larynx because of cancer or other reasons. Call for more information.