Group Name: YWCA – Breakthrough – Stepping into Connection
Description: YWCA Toronto is dedicated to improving the lives of women and girls. We help women and girls flee violence, secure housing, find jobs, establish their voices, enhance skills and develop confidence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls’ programs and family programs; we also engage in systemic advocacy.
YWCA Toronto’s Breakthrough program offers free support groups to women who have been abused or harmed by other kinds of violence. Stepping into Connection: an open group for women who may be new to group support and who have experienced violence or abuse. They offer:
- a place where women can explore how abuse/violence has affected their life
- a safe learning environment where women may try new ways to grow and heal
- opportunities for creative self-expression in a community of women
- a space where women can connect with others in an atmosphere of acceptance and non-judgment
- support to help women get the most out of their group experience
- information to help women make decisions about their safety and well-being, including resources and referrals
- childcare while women attend group
Where: 87 Elm Street | Toronto, ON M5G 0A8
When: Groups run in three 12-week cycles: January-March, April-June and September-December. Call for more information.
Contact: Carol Barrett 416-487-7151 Ext. 266 | email@example.com | www.ywcatoronto.org