Group Name: West Neighbourhood House- Community Parent Outreach Program
Description: West Neighbourhood House will work in partnership with the community to promote personal and social change in order to achieve a safe, health and accepting society for all. To this end, we will work with our resources and the strengths of the community. West Neighbourhood House enables less advantaged individuals, families and groups in the community to gain greater control over their lives and within their community.
The central purpose of the Community Parent Outreach Program is to reduce the social isolation of parents from diverse cultures with children 0-6 years old an increase social independence. Languages spoken relating to this group are Tamil, Singhalese, English, Mandarin, Tibetan, and Vietnamese. Participation in the program will:
- Enable you to build new friendships
- Enhance your parenting skills
- Help you adjust to Canadian culture
- Provide opportunities for you to become active on issues you care about
- Increase your understanding of diverse cultures
- Provide accompaniments to community Services
- Provide information about Parkdale community resources
Where: West Neighbourhood House 1497 Queen Street W – Unit 103 | Toronto, ON M6J 3A2
When: Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Contact: 416-536-1234 Exts. 407, 409, 410 | email@example.com | www.weshnh.org