Group Name: The George Hull Centre – Fun Friends: Anxiety Group for Parents
Description: The George Hull Centre for Children and Families offers a full spectrum of children’s mental health services to children from birth to age 18 and their families. The Centre, located in Etobicoke, is a non-profit charitable organization, governed by a local volunteer Board of Directors and accredited by Children’s Mental Health Ontario. There is no fee for service. The Ontario Ministry of Children and Youth Services provides 88% of The George Hull Centre’s annual funding. The rest comes from a variety of sources, including individuals, foundations and the corporate sector.
Fun Friends is an early childhood program developed by Dr. Paula Barrett designed for children from 4 to 7 years old. The group:
- normalizes the emotional state of anxiety
- builds emotional resilience and social skills development that will stay with young children for life
- assists young children in developing life skills to effectively cope with difficult and or anxiety provoking situations
- promotes self confidence
- empower children, families and teachers
- it induced play based activities such as role playing, puppets, games, stories, music and art
A concurrent parents group will be offered to support parents in dealing with anxiety with their children.
Where: 81 The East Mall, Third Floor | Toronto, ON M8Z 5W3
When: 10 Thursdays: September 25 – December 11, 2014 (no group on Oct 16th or Oct
23rd). From 4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
Contact: Fadia Zakkak 416-622-8833 Ext. 258 | email@example.com | www.georgehullcentre.on.ca