Group Name: Fred Victor – Open House Drop-In
Description: Fred Victor is a social service charitable organization that fosters long-lasting and positive change in the lives of homeless and low-income people living across Toronto.
Every day, more than 1,000 people use our programs and services. And each person who comes through our doors is experiencing poverty or homelessness. Our many programs and services, located at 10 different sites across Toronto, help people rebuild their lives.
Fred Victor’s Open House — an umbrella program located at our community services site at the Queen Street East and Jarvis Street corner – has been core to the lives of people living on the street, in shelters or in low-income housing. Open House staff encourages people to connect to staff and programs, meet other people and grab a healthy snack. This is the starting point for meeting people’s basic, as well as their more complex needs. Staff assists by:
- answering questions about other Fred Victor programs and services
- facilitating creative, active and empowering social/recreational programs
- providing referrals to doctors, dentists, legal help, training programs and employment opportunities
- offering gently-used clothing from our clothing room
- promoting partnerships with other organizations that can assist with replacing I.D., opening bank accounts, applying for income supports, filing income tax, getting prescription eye glasses and more
Several programs are run under the umbrella of the Open-House.
Where: 59 Adelaide Street East, 6th Floor | Toronto, ON M5C 1K6
When: Every Monday to Friday, from 12 p.m. until 4 p.m.
Contact: 416-364-8228 | fredvictor.org