Group Name: Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care – Friendly Visiting
Description: Yee Hong is a caring community where seniors and others enjoy the highest quality of life. We raise the standard in long-term care and effect a positive impact on the global health care system by seeking to be the model of excellence in culturally appropriate geriatric care. We take pride in being a provider of choice and an employer of choice.
Friendly Visiting (Telephone Reassurance) is a support service in which a volunteer visits/calls an isolated or frail adult regularly on a one to one basis. It aims to provide social support and contact with the community, and to ensure the well-being, health and safety of the clients. Eligibility:
- Isolated seniors aged 55 or above
- Seniors living alone who are at risk but choose to stay in the community
- Those who need assistance in overcoming isolation because of physical/functional limitations
- Those without adequate support systems
- Those with emotional problems such as depression, and are socially withdrawn from joining community activities
- Those with physical health or mental health problems who need assistance and require regular monitoring and supervision
The service is offered to eligible seniors residing in Scarborough, Markham, North York and Richmond Hill.
Where: Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care | 2311 McNicoll Avenue | Scarborough, ON M1V 5L3
When: Monday to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.***Free of charge.
Contact: 416-321-6333 | email@example.com | www.yeehong.com