Group Name: Asian Community AIDS Services – Men’s Program
Description: Asian Community AIDS Services (ACAS) is a charitable, non-profit, community-based organization located in Toronto, Canada. We provide safer sex education and services to the East and Southeast Asian communities and support services to persons living with HIV/AIDS and members of the LGBTQ communities. Our programs are based on a pro-active and holistic approach to HIV/AIDS and are provided in a collaborative, empowering, and non-discriminatory manner.
The objective of the ACAS Men’s Program is to reduce the spread of HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) among Asian Men, including gay, bi and men who have sex with men (MSM). Men’s Program for gay, bi, and MSM East and Southeast Asian Men:
- Asian Bathhouse Night at Spa Excess every third Thursday of the month
- Community Based Research: Asian Men Pathways to Resiliency (AMP2R) Study
- S.L.A.M! (Sex. Love. Asian Men!): Community sexual health forum for and by gay, bi, straight, trans Asian men
The Locker Room Project for straight, heterosexual East and Southeast Asian Men:
- Educational outreach to straight, heterosexual Asian men in Toronto with a focus on promoting men’s health, sexual health and HIV/STI awareness and prevention.
- Active physical events such as Rock Climbing and Muay Thai Boxing
- Weekly posting of Facebook articles related to men’s health issues, sexual health and nutrition tips.
Where: 260 Spadina Ave, Suite 410 | Toronto, ON M5T 2E4
Contact: Ryan Tran 416-963-4300 Ext. 236 | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.acas.org