Group Name: The Redwood
Description: Since 1993, we’ve been here to help women and children live free from domestic violence. Free from fear. Free from threat. Leaving an abusive situation is one of the toughest things any woman or child has to face. The Redwood provides the emotional, practical and social support that families need to get their lives back on track – we offer free and confidential services in 170 different languages.
Leaving an abusive situation is one of the toughest things you’ll ever have to face.
How will you look after small children? Where will you find affordable housing? If you’re new to Canada, how will you find support in an unfamiliar environment? You’ll find the answers at The Redwood. We offer:
- A safe free refuge 24 hours of the day
- Services in your language
- Telephone counseling
- Counseling for you and your children
- Housing support services
- Referral to subsidized daycare and school registration
- Job readiness training and employment counselling
- Legal support in immigration, family law and legal aid
- Referral and advocacy to gain access to ESL, healthcare and other services
At The Redwood, thousands of women and children found the way out – and the way up. You can too.
Where: P.O. Box 16023 | Toronto, ON M6J 3W2
When: Please call for more details.
Contact: 416-533-8538 ( 24/7 Crisis Line) | 416-533-9372 | www.theredwood.com