Group Name: Griffin Centre – Community/Family Support Services
Description: Griffin Centre is an accredited non-profit, charitable, multi-service, mental health agency providing flexible and accessible services to youth, adults and their families.
Since 1975, Griffin Centre has been delivering services to people who thought their needs didn’t count. We continue to expand our programs and services to respond to the changing and emerging needs of diverse individuals in our community. We help them find solutions to their challenges. Griffin Centre’s programs and services are primarily funded by the Ministry of Community and Social Services and the Ministry of Children and Youth Services. We offer a range of professional services including; assessment, service coordination and planning, individual, family and group counselling, specialized day/residential services and respite services.
Griffin Centre provides support for youth and families dealing with conflicts and concerns at home, in school or in the community. For youth with emotional or mental health challenges which may be accompanied by a mild developmental disability. Who can access these services: youth 12 – 18 yrs of age at the point of referral, have mental health challenges or a dual diagnosis (mild to moderate developmental disability and mental health challenges), have mental health challenges and live in North York or have developmental disabilities and mental health challenges and live in the City of Toronto. How the Community/Family Support Services works:
- Individual, family, and group counselling or crisis support
- Telephone support and drop in services
- Assessment of family strengths, concerns, the current request for service and to explore and coordinate service options with the youth and family
- Parent education groups and workshops
- School-based counselling, crisis supports, outreach, and consultation services
- Assessment and treatment services for youth who have sexually offended
- Substance use and mental health counselling and day program
Where: 1126 Finch Ave West, Unit 16 | Toronto, ON M3J 3J6
When: Please call for more information.
Contact: 416-222-1153 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.griffincentre.org