Group Name: Mood Disorders Association of Ontario – Managing Depression and Anxiety
Description: The Mood Disorders Association of Ontario offers free support and recovery programs to people across Ontario living with depression, anxiety or bipolar disorder. They provide drop-in peer support groups, recovery programs, family and youth clinical support, early intervention for mood disorders and psychosis and online tools focused on wellness and recovery.
MDAO is offering an educational recovery group focused on developing understanding and tools to manage depression and anxiety. The group will run for six sessions. Each two hour session will involve information presentation, dialogue and activities. Through participation in this group you will:
- Develop understanding of how thoughts, feelings and behaviours contribute to depression and anxiety.
- Acquire skills to manage thoughts, feelings and behaviours related to depression and anxiety.
- Learn strategies to better manage negative thinking, stress and worry.
- Develop tools to bolster self-esteem and resiliency.
- Expand understanding of relapse prevention strategies and planning.
*** Registration is required.
Where: 602-36 Eglinton Avenue West | Toronto, ON M4R 1A1
When: Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. starting Wednesday March 11th, 2015 through April 15th, 2015
Contact: Becky Curran 416-486-8046 Ext. 240 | 1-866-486-6663 | www.mooddisorders.ca