The Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto Branch offers a continuum of mental health services and supports for people with serious mental illness. As part its broader research and evaluation initiative, and building on a previous pilot project, CMHA Toronto is developing the Peer Program Evaluation Project (PPEP). PPEP is a service development and quality improvement initiative that evaluates mental health services provided by CMHA Toronto. Working collaboratively with program staff and management, PPEP team members use their expertise and first-hand experience of recovery to guide the evaluation process. The aim of the evaluation process is to provide information to programs on strengths and areas for development in order to promote service improvements that support the recovery and wellness of individuals with lived experience of mental illness. PPEP team members use qualitative and narrative methods to collect and analyze feedback from various program stakeholders such a clients, family, staff and team management. We are currently seeking an Evaluation Lead for the project.
- Leading training of peer evaluators in qualitative research methods and monitoring their qualitative interviewingbased program evaluation;
- (Co-)Leading analyses of data using qualitative approaches
- Monitoring and managing evaluation plans in terms of schedule, budget, and achievement of goals and objectives;
- Coordinating meeting times for interviewers and interviewees
- Developing and adapting existing interview templates for different stakeholder group interviewees (e.g., clients, family members, program staff etc.);
- Preparing deliverables for internal and external stakeholders (e.g., writing an evaluation report); and sharing major findings with key partners.
- Lived experience of mental health service use
- Experience using qualitative research methods (i.e. planning research approach and collecting, recording, organizing, interpreting and presenting data)
- Experience undertaking program evaluation in the field of public policy, social work, health promotion, health services research or a related field is an asset.
- Familiarity with key concepts of mental health promotion, health equity and social determinants of health required.
- Working knowledge of the mental health and addictions sector, specifically issues relating to housing, homelessness, income, employment and workplace mental health required.
- Experience managing projects and managing multiple tasks within established timelines in a team environment required.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), listening and interpersonal skills
Hours of Work: 21-28/week
Salary: $25.00 per hour
Please submit resumes/CVs by October 2, 2015 by 5:00 to Program Director, Community Support and Research, Canadian Mental Health Association – Toronto Branch, 700 Lawrence Ave., West, Ste. 480, Toronto, Ontario, M6A 3B4. E-mail: email@example.com or Fax 416-789-9079. If submitting resume/CV by e-mail, please type PPEP Evaluation Lead in the subject line. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The Canadian Mental Health Association is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups’ including qualified individuals with personal experience of the mental health system. If you are contacted by our offices regarding a job opportunity please advise prior to the interview should you require any accommodation.