Program: on TRACK Fitness and Wellness Program Working Group
Commitment: 25 hours total (daytime, evening and weekend hours; flexible schedule)
Peer Group Facilitation
- Participate in and take a leadership role in the onTRACK Program Working Group group to ensure the highest level of input from young adults with lived experience.
Young Adult Engagement
- Build and maintain relationships with young adults who are already affiliated with Stella’s Place
- Build and maintain relationships with young adults who have not yet participated in Stella’s Place
- Connect with members of the Working Group and other young adults using email, social media.
- Participate in planning meetings and other opportunities for program development.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings to ensure all have opportunities for meaningful participation.
- Develop and implement appropriate outreach strategies to recruit and build interest in the on TRACK Fitness and Wellness Working Group.
Program Planning and Development
- Contribute to the development of programming with partners and peers.
- Encourage young adult participation and contribution to the development of the program.
- Summarize the contribution of young adults participants during the development of the program.
- Liaise with partners, program coordinator, and Stella’s Place staff.
- Attend Peer Mentoring Meetings as required.
- Report to Peer Initiative Manager.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with group facilitation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Proficiency in communicating via email.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to engage and motivate others.
- Demonstrated experience of positive participation in team or committee work.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to feedback.
- Understanding of the impact of oppression; demonstrated commitment to engagement of diverse communities.
- Scheduling flexibility (must have some availability during daytime, weekend and evening hours).
- Passion and vision for fitness and wellness for young adults.
- Commitment to supporting recreational, fitness, and wellness activities.
- Some post-secondary experience and past/current participation in training programs.
- Knowledge of youth and young adult mental health services and recreational resources.
- Familiarity and experience with online platforms to support engagement and mental health.
- Volunteer or paid work in a social or community service.
Preference will be given to candidates who are young adults (age 17– 30) and who have lived experience of mental health issues.
Stella’s Place is inclusive of diverse learning and working styles, including flexibility to an individual’s unique ways of working.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward a letter of application and résumé by October 13, 2015 at 9:00am to Rachel Cooper email@example.com , the Peer Initiatives Manager at Stella’s Place, 45 Bowden Street, Toronto M4K2X3.
To learn more about Stella’s Place, please visit their website at www.stellasplace.ca or follow them on
Twitter @stellasplaceca #stellasplaceca, on Facebook /stellasplacecanada
They thank all candidates for their interest and regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.