New service that speaks directly to teen guys: BroTalk.
- Only 23% of young people who reach out to a counselor at Kids Help Phone are male.
- Suicide accounts for about 23% of deaths among youth aged 15 to 24. Over 75% of these youth are male.
Kids Help Phone conducted 18 months of extensive research with guys to better understand and meet their needs. We used what we learned to develop BroTalk – a new service that speaks directly to teen guys. This site acts as a gateway into Kids Help Phone’s professional counselling service.
Visit the BroTalk website now!
While you’re there, try our interactive tools:
- The Ascent is a fun game that focuses on teamwork.
- Stress busters – hit baseballs, play guitar or bang drums
How you can help
Stigma is part of the reason males don’t reach out for support. Start the conversation.
- Share the BroTalk website with a young male in your life.
- Share this message on social media. “What’s new at @KidsHelpPhone? #BroTalk—a new support service for teen guys. Check out BroTalk.ca”
|Kids Help Phone is proud to recognize the Movember Foundation as the Principal Funder of this new service.|