MDAO is offering an educational recovery group focused on developing an understanding of, and tools to manage, depression and anxiety. The group will run for eight sessions. Each two and a half hour session will involve information presentation, dialogue and activities.
Through participation in this group you will:
- Develop an understanding of how thoughts, feelings and behaviours contribute to depression and anxiety.
- Acquire skills to manage thoughts, feelings and behaviours related to depression and anxiety.
- Learn strategies to better manage negative thinking, stress and worry.
- Develop tools to bolster self-esteem.
- Expand your understanding of relapse prevention strategies and planning.
_Wednesdays 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm — starting May 11th for 8 weeks. Info Session (Required) Wednesday April 20th, 2016 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm. RSVP to Becky Curran: email@example.com or 416-486-8046 ext. 240
_Thursdays 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm — starting May 12th for 8 weeks. Info Session (Required) Thursday April 21st, 2016 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm. RSVP to Elyse Grieco: firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-486-8046 ext. 238
Please note: Attendance at the Information Session is a requirement of registration.