Our programs and services help connect people with the value of peer support in two ways:
- By increasing access to peer support groups through our database, phone referrals, and in-person presentations, and general advocacy.
- By building the capacity of individuals through training and providing them with resources and support.
For 2015-2016, we were proud to report the following:
- Over 800 peer support groups in our online searchable database.
- Over 4,700 people accessed our services in-person.
- Over 35,000 people reached through online and printed information.
BUILDING THE CAPACITY OF INDIVIDUALS
- 38 volunteers were trained and gave a total of 1,784 hours as peer workers.
- Introduced three new programs: Mindfulness Ambassadors Council (MAC), ODSP Peer Navigator Program, and the Wellness Tools and Resource Workshops.
- Increased our reach, participating in more public meetings and events, better circulating our resources, and increasing our workshop participant numbers by 264 percent.
- Secured $80,000 of new funding over two years for the ODSP Peer Navigator Program.
- Expanded our team: an increase of 47% of staff capacity from the prior year, and built a volunteer program, with a peak of 20 volunteers.
What people are saying about our trainings:
“What I found most useful was evaluating our own facilitation skills/abilities and how simple it is to start a group.”
“What I liked most and found most useful was the openness and exchange of ideas”
“It was encouraging to realize that the action of peer-facilitation is becoming more widely accepted.”
“This workshop is exactly what I needed to go forward to my next step.”
“The action plan was really helpful in seeing that things are possible.”
“Thank you. I am happy to find my questions answered and I feel confident that I invested in my recovery.”
What people are saying about Youth WRAP:
What did you like most?
“Feeling that I won’t be judged for what I say.”
“I liked the conversations on boundaries and resilience.”
“That there are other people that we can connect with knowing that we’re not alone. And that this program can help us Youth with our daily life style.”
“I felt more calm and I had forgotten most of my stresses in life. I learned ways to focus and stay calm.”
“Everything, being here.”