Group Name: ASK… about reunion (Adoption Support Kinship)
Description: ASK… about reunion (Adoption Support Kinship) provides search and reunion assistance and support in a caring, empathetic and non-judgemental atmosphere. ASK helps members explore the emotional as well as the practical aspects of search and reunion. ASK was born when we, as members of the adoption community, realized that existing groups in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) were not meeting our needs. We believe that the needs of many others currently seeking support but unable to find it at an existing GTA group—and maybe even in groups in some other areas of the world—will appreciate the services offered by and the atmosphere supported by ASK.
$40.00 per year. Please contact us for an application form or pick one up at a meeting. The membership fee is used to meet the expenses of ASK, for example, rent, website, photocopying, and other sundry staff. ASK does not have a paid staff. Members may:
- attend monthly meetings
- seek pre and post reunion support
- receive searching tips
- have their information entered into two national search registries
- purchase a search manual with detailed instructions on how to search in Ontario
- attend panel discussions, listen to expert speakers, and join in discussions on issues related to adoption, search and reunion
- ask questions of our experienced volunteers
- volunteer to help others as they search and reunite
- meet others like you who understand the search and reunion process
Where: Bloor Street United Church, 300 Bloor Street West | Toronto, ON, M5S 1W3
When: First Wednesday of every month at 7:30 p.m.
Contact: 416-545-0912 | firstname.lastname@example.org