Group Name: Krasman Centre – Drop-in
Description: The Krasman Centre is a Consumer/Survivor Initiative funded primarily by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care but also receives funding through various grants and foundations. A Consumer/Survivor initiative is an type of organization that is governed, led and staffed by consumer/survivors and family members (when appropriate).The goal of the Krasman Centre is to serve as a physical hub and resource for the community of Psychiatric Survivors and their Families and Friends serving York Region (Richmond Hill main location) and South Simcoe (Alliston satellite location) of the Central Local Health Integration Network. We offer and operate all of our programs through two drop-in centres, with a variety of peer support, mental health recovery* and social services programs serving people who experience mental health extremes or labels as well as people who experience homelessness.
The drop-in is a safe and supportive place that emphasizes helping individuals feel autonomous. The centre helps people help themselves, and one another. It is a place where there are no demands and no pathologizing – where one can just relax, enjoy and experience what the peer recovery movement has to offer. Within the drop-in we also offer the following resources:
- Information and resources about variety of mental health recovery related topics
- Training, education and skills building
- Computer/Internet access, phone/fax/photocopier use for consumer/survivors and self-help initiatives
- Workshops and groups promoting creativity such as arts and crafts, poetry, and book club
- Basic needs for people experiencing homelessness: kitchen, assistance with winter needs, shower (Richmond Hill), laundry (Richmond Hill), etc.
Where: 10121 Yonge Street | Richmond Hill, ON L4C 1T7
When: Please call for program times and locations.
Contact: 905-780-0491 | 1-888-780-0724 | krasmancentre.com