Group Name: Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association – Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Management Centre
Description: Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association is a non-profit charitable community services agency established since 1976. Our spectrum of services has grown from the delivery of Chinese meals-on-wheels service to a full range of community support services, covering the whole Greater Toronto Area, and the York Region.
Carefirst Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Management Centre is a joint venture of Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association and Carefirst Family Health Team since 2011. We are a team of dietitians, exercise therapists, family physicians, nurses, social workers, community service providers, and a network of health care collaborators in the community. Programs and services based on community needs, such as:
- Health Support Group – Anxiety & Stress Support Group
- Health workshops – for example: Healthy Cooking Class, Metabolic Syndrome Workshop,
- Caregiver Workshop Series, Skincare Workshop, Weight Management Clinic
- Chronic disease prevention and rehabilitation programs – Community
- Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation Program, community outreach
- Individual counselling
- Chronic diseases self-management learning series
- Service provider training series
Where: 3601 Victoria Park Avenue, Suite 501 | Toronto, ON M1W 3Y3
When: Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Contact: 416-502-2323 Ext. 6010 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.carefirstseniors.com